Sunday, March 4, 2012

3 Ring Circus

March 4, 2012

     I took my 3 kids to the circus tonight.  Something is really wrong with our society. The song that they were playing before the circus began was, "I'm sexy and I know it". Seriously?  This is a circus people, the main audience is children!! Why, would they play that song? One of the first performers that came out was a man in a glittery PURPLE outfit. My kids insisted it was a woman. I said, "no, it is a man". Brelee said, "well then why does he have on that outfit?" Good question Brelee. I am so saddened by the state of our society. It reminds me of 2 Chronicles 7:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land". I feel convicted that I need to be on my face before God asking God to heal our land. I don't think "I'm sexy and I know it" is a good song for ME to listen to much less my children.  We have to be mindful of what we are allowing into our lives. Satan is at work constantly to inundate us with lies and take us far from God. In Haiti he may have to use a manifestation of himself into little girls forcing them to seize and roll around on the floor (that is another story in itself) but here he doesn't have to do that because we allow him to use the media and our entertainment to get us. Same Satan, same lies, different manifestation. Do you think I am far out on this one?  I promise I am not. We need to make sure that we know the truth so that we can recognize lies. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment